Talking With Kids About Sex, Sexuality, Gender and Puberty is a workshop for parents with children ranging from ages 4 to 13. This workshop helps parents to examine and clarify their own values about sex, and to think about the type of sex education they received as kids and teens and what kind of sex educator they would like to be for their children.
The workshop provides an age-by-age and stage-by-stage guide to talking with your children (including specific language you can use) about topics that can be challenging to discuss.
- Male and female anatomy
- Gender identity versus biological sex
- Consent at all ages
- Masturbation and self-stimulation (and how they differ)
- Conception that occurs "naturally"
- Conception with medical intervention (such as IVF, IUI, surrogacy, etc.)
- Defining sex and discussing the role of sexual activity in a mature relationship
- The social/relational, emotional and physical changes of puberty
- The affect of technology and sexual images, and pornography on kids and teens
- Enabling restrictions on kids' devices and talking with your kids about technology and sexuality